SABC on Thando Thabethe’s claims about her 5FM resignation: “We refute the allegations”

sabc-on-thando-thabethes-claims-about-her-5fm-resignation-we-refute-the-allegations_5e8e64789f6f9-png
Thando Thabethe

Thando Thabethe. (PHOTO: GETTY IMAGES/GALLO IMAGES).

Radio and TV personality Thando Thabethe revealed the real reasons behind her resignation from SABC radio station, 5FM, on Monday night.

Although she initially said she left the station to focus on other things, she recently shocked fans when she wrote a thread that revealed some shocking details about the circumstances surrounding her departure.

Thando, who was the host of the afternoon drive-time show, ‘Thabooty Drive’ which was one of the most popular afternoon radio shows in the country, resigned from the radio station last month, after being there for six years.

She left before the annual reshuffling was announced by the station.

In the thread, Thando alleged that she was removed from her slot without notice by the station’s programme manager after she asked for a raise of R200 per hour and two week’s leave to focus on shooting her Mzansi Magic show, Housekeepers.

She then added that everyone on her show’s team knew about her show being cancelled before she was notified.

“Fast foward the following Monday I hear that the Thabooty drive will be no longer as it doesn’t fit into the 2/5 year plan of the SABC. This info I hear from colleagues or people on my show,” she wrote.

Speaking to DRUM spokesperson of the SABC Mmoni Seapolelo said “The SABC is aware of Ms. Thando Thabethe’s public comments on social media and they would like to put it on record that Ms. Thabethe resigned from 5FM on her own accord, and the station accepted her resignation. The station would like to refute the allegations raised by Ms. Thabethe”.

Views:
33
Article Tags:
Article Categories:
Celeb News

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: